Current students: Click here to get all the relevant covid updates (emails and fb posts – password protected page)
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
- Contact the Lodge immediately by telephone at 01865 277900
- Then email email@example.com and notify them of your current situation
- If you live at DWB or Merifield, also contact the site manager (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Book a test through the Early Alert Service (EAS) of the university: https://www.ox.ac.uk/coronavirus/health/covid-testing
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of your test result
If you have symptoms then the other members of your household will also need to self-isolate straight away. The Pandemic Team need to have up-to-date information on who is self-isolating so we can advise staff and fellows not to enter areas that are self-isolating so we can keep everyone safe.
You should also follow the above steps if:
- You have been identified or believe yourself to be a close contact of someone who has received a positive COVID test result
- You have been for a test that was negative, BUT have been instructed to continue to self-isolate and/or book a further test, in which case you should continue to self-isolate until told not to by the testing service. If you have to take a second test then please let email@example.com the new test date so we know you are still self-isolating.
Here is the College’s document outlining the procedure in detail: